Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Little India

Her name is "Pretty". Isn't she sweet?
On Saturday night I attendeded a Indian community gathering. We enjoyed some local performances (including our own RadioActive dancers), had some curry and all in all a good night out.
Tina and Brian are famous in the local Indian community for their take on local Indian dancing (....they're quite good). Often mothers approach and ask them to teach their children the local dances. They're trying to rope me in to dancing too....don't know if I'm up for it....and it takes alot of humility :-)

The Business community, being largely Indians, was one of my biggest culture shocks here in the middle of Africa! Who would've ever thot?....And to think a rtn trip to Mumbai only goes for about $600! After seeing video footage from Simons' recent visit, makes me wanna go.

If you don't already know it go to Tina's blog at: junglerumblings.blogspot.com
heaps of interesting stuff about the things we get up to over here..(she's a much better writer than I)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're keeping busy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thot Brian left...or is moving...or had a girlfriend...ok I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete