Monday, September 27, 2010

One year!

Early this month I celebrated one year of driving!
Some may not realize how huge this is for me. Driving was one of those things that nightmares were made of for me and I lived most of my adult life in Africa where I was discouraged by potholed roads, absence of rules and common sense. All that to say my life has changed!! I realized I needed to bite the bullet if I ever wanted to expand my horizons, move out of Mum and Dad's and possibly get a place not walking distance to the kids school. I was just so limited and frustrated. There's nothing like the simple freedom to hop in the car and go get your groceries! Not to have walk for hours whether rain, hail or shine with 3 small kids just to get the bare necessities or even to get them to school.

I've been pulled over once for a breath test....the day after passing to my "P's" I couldn't help but laugh when I told the officer.
Otherwise nothing eventful and here's to many more years of no dramas!
Next I want a RAV 4 Cruiser!

.

1 comment: