Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Skin deep

A few people have mentioned my skin recently and I have to say it does have a lot to do with genetics (My mum has always had clear, soft skin) but from before the first time I wore make up at about 16 I was pretty religious about the morning and evening splash with water.
I never had much pocket money so when I could I would just buy the Dove soap bar and used that for years (and still have a bar around all the time.) Now that I've been an Avon lady and had plenty of samples to go through, I've been able to see what's really out there but somehow I want to go back to nature on this one. I will be researching and will put any findings here.
Recently when I ran out of a face soap I grab the good ol' Johnson and Johnson brand at the supermarket and I love it! It does have exfoliating beads in it so you don't want to do that more than once a week.

My basic routine is washing with a face soap at night and clearing any makeup away with cotton. Then I  apply a thick night cream. (I'm currently using a Nivea brand.) In the morning I splash again to remove any left over oilyness and apply a good day cream with SPF 15.
Even though I don't think my skin is doing that great all through my 20's I knew I wanted to do all I could to take care of my skin. Funny as I write this I'm sporting the biggest pimple I've had in my life! Anyway, I'm just mortified when girls my age tell me they never do anything...I think they'll regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Im not so lucky with my skin.
    Ive been taking care of it for over 10 yrs..its horrible & just getting worse.
    I guess we cant control all things in life. :(

    ReplyDelete